If you’re looking for more information on Farmasi (pronounced Pharmacy), perhaps to complete your due diligence in their direct sales opportunity, then this Review can help to answer the basic, yet important, questions. If you’re looking for some information on their products, we have a rundown of those, too.
The first question that all people ask when reviewing a new direct sales company, is, “Is XYZ Company legit, or a scam?”
Well, here’s our research, and what you need to know before joining the Farmasi direct sales opportunity, or buying any of their products.
I almost joined this company myself, but there was one thing holding me back…
What Is Farmasi?
Is Farmasi legit, or a scam?
My Farmasi QUICK-LOOK Review
Brand Name: Farmasi Cosmetics USA
Company Website: https://www.farmasius.com/farmasi/
Owner: Good question. This was Dr. Cevdet Tuna, who passed in 2017.
Cost: Business – $19.99 Starter Kit. Products – range from $5 – $50.
Business Model: direct sales – mlm
Scam or Legit: Legit
My Farmasi FULL Review
What is Farmasi?
The European brand, founded by Dr. Cevdet Tuna, has been manufacturing about 2000 different cosmetics and personal care products for men, women, and children in Turkey since 1950 (70 years!).
The company started as a pharmaceutical manufacturer, and evolved into a cosmetics manufacturer over the years. Farmasi is now an international beauty and personal care manufacturer and retailer, that integrated a direct sales branch in 2010.
In early 2019, that direct sales branch was expanded to the United States, making it their 25th market for direct sales operations, and the 125th country for business operations overall.
What Type of Products Does Farmasi Manufacture?
Farmasi manufactures products in the Beauty, Personal Care, Household and Wellness categories, including:
- Just for Men
They have their own facility with 5 separate factories for manufacturing all of their products, and strict guidelines on everything from the water they use to their product packaging.
They offer a broad range of commonly used Products that include:
- soaps and cleansers
- scrubs and masks
- creams and lotions
- moisturizing, anti-aging, etc
- shampoo and conditioner
- hair styling products
- lipliners and lipsticks
- from Matte to High Gloss
- foundations, concealers, powders
- eyeliners and eyeshadows
- from natural to glittery
- brow pencils, gels, and fillers
- for length, thickness, and curl
- nail polish
They have Products made with:
- Tea Tree Oil
- Black Seed Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Activated Charcoal
- Pure Rose
- Paprika Balsam
Per the Farmasi Company Website, this is why people choose their brand:
- High Quality Standards
- Affordable Product Prices
- Product Production in an Ecological Environment
- Supporter of Animal Rights and Ethical Treatment – They ensure that none of their products are tested on animals.
- Animal Product Free – They also ensure that none of their products contain animal products.
- Paraben Free
- Phosphate Free
- Phthalate Free
- Formaldehyde Free
- Heavy-metal Free
- Dermatologically Tested
- Passes GMP (Good Manufacturing Processes) Standards
They do provide pictures of the labels on their products on their website. So, if you’re interested in an ingredients list of a particular product, you can find it in the product description.
What does the Farmasi Direct Sales Opportunity Offer?
Introduced to the USA just this year, 2019, Farmasi is on a mission to expand their 10-year successful direct sales branch. Proudly reporting triple digit growth for the last 7 years, they aim to continue increasing their brand awareness and year-over-year sales. They believe that their expansion into the USA market will help achieve both of those goals.
The “Beauty Influencer”
The Farmasi Direct Sales Opportunity offers an individual to sign up as a “Beauty Influencer.”
The Beauty Influencer can purchase products at a discount for personal use, or for resale. Resale can be done in person or online. (more info on this below) Products range from $5 – $50, with most falling in between $10 – $14.
The Compensation Plan:
Product Sales Commission Payout is 50%.
Downline Commission / Group Volume (for those who sign up other Beauty Influencers) scales from 3% – 25%.
There is a multi-level compensation plan for Beauty Influencers who build a network of other Influencers.
Car Allowance – the amount allotted will differ based on your title and volume
The Founder’s Club – open to the first 100 entrepreneurs who reach the 25% bonus level. It appears that this changes if current people fall from their ranks or new people achieve and maintain the status, thereby making entrepreneurs work to earn the rewards. You can’t just earn it, then slack off and still keep the title (that’s a good thing).
Founder’s Club Rewards are:
- An all expenses paid trip to Turkey to see the headquarters and the production process in action
- FREE Shipping on ALL orders (as long as the 25% bonus status is active)
- FREE sample packs of the featured product of the month
- Personal Exposure on the company website
- FREE Leads through company-sponsored activities
- Early Access to new products
Personal Volume, Group Volume, Title Change, and Leadership Bonuses – paid out monthly for those who qualify, amount varies based on volume.
Cash Bonus – these are awarded when certain titles are achieved and maintained.
World Discovery Program – For Beauty Influencers who are between the Silver Director and Boss titles, a travel program is in place that awards them with the opportunity to visit different Farmasi offices in different countries.
Who is Farmasi For?
Farmasi is for entrepreneurs who are looking for a new direct sales opportunity with very low sign up fees, and little risk in trying the business.
You should be interested in personal care and beauty products.
You should have a desire to resale company products either locally or online (more about that below in the PROS section).
* This could be especially lucrative for anyone who loves makeup, and loves social media. Are you a Facebook or Instagram fanatic? If you already use the platforms, you could possibly earn some money while you’re on there.
Cost to Join Farmasi as a Beauty Influencer
The $19.99 Starter Kit
When you sign up, you will receive a Starter Kit with:
- a Welcome Letter
- a Skincare Guide
- a Product Catalog
- a Product Pack of Samples to try or share
In addition, you will receive:
- an immediate Discount on personal product purchases
- your own replicated Company Website to promote your products and business
Farmasi’s Current Shipping Policy
- The current Standard Shipping Rate is $8.99
- Delivery can be made to all 50 United States
- All orders are processed and shipped within 1-2 business days (from Miami, Florida). On average people receive their products in 3-5 business days.
- Tracking information is available once the order has shipped.
- Farmasi uses USPS or FedEx depending on the order, and where it is going.
THE 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
A 30-day 100% money back guarantee is offered on all customer purchases.
For entrepreneurs who purchase products to resale, the refund is 90% of the purchase price (So, basically, they charge a restocking fee – the other 10%). There is no refund on any shipping charges.
About Training and Support With Farmasi
When you sign up with Farmasi, you receive the following training and support:
- Upline Sponsor – If you sign up through a Beauty Influencer’s site, that Beauty Influencer will become your Sponsor, and they do have an obligation to provide you with support through communication that may include personal contact, training lessons, and webinars.
- If you sign up through the main company website, you will be assigned a random Sponsor.
- Training is available on company products, effective sales techniques, the compensation plan, and company policies and procedures.*
- Materials for advertising – They provide access to company designed and approved promotional materials. You may also create your own. However, all personally designed sales materials must be pre-approved for marketing use.
* Speaking of Policies and Procedures…
All Beauty Influencers (entrepreneurs) are self-employed, and you will receive a 1099 if you make over $600, or purchase over $5,000 of resale product in a calendar year. The P&P page is quite lengthy, and contains the typical jargon of a direct sales company.
Also, I did find in their FAQ’s that an account that has been inactive (no sales) for 6 months will be closed. So, technically, you do need to make a purchase, or sell something, at least once every 6 months. This should be very easy since if you sign up, you are joining for one of two reasons: to try the products or start a business.
Contact Information – Very Important!
If there is no easily available contact information for a company that you are researching, that is a major red flag!
Farmasi provides the following Contact Information for their USA market:
Address – 2315 NW 107th Ave, Miami, FL 33172 – verified USA headquarters and warehouse. When products are ordered in the USA, they ship from this warehouse, which receives all of the product from their manufacturing facility in Turkey.
Phone Number – 1 (833) 432-7627 – verified working phone number at the time of this review. I was able to speak with a real person, in clear English, and get the contact information of the regional manager of my area.
Business Hours – Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm EST.
They also provide an interactive map for directions to their Miami office, and a contact form to reach them by e-mail.
Social Media Presence :
LinkedIn – Kaan Cabas, the Export Manager for Farmasi, has a LinkedIn profile. If you have a LinkedIn account, you can do a search for him.
Instagram – 7,838 followers, 154 posts – Definitely some beautiful pics to view.
Facebook – 1,516,263 Followers – Page was created Nov 15, 2018 when USA market opened.
YouTube – No active promotion there by the company. They’ve only posted one short 2 minute introduction video. However, you may search and find Beauty Influencers who post their own videos, which actually makes sense because they are the ones building the business.
The PROS and CONS of Joining Farmasi
Here are the PROS:
- VERY low sign-up cost
- NO personal product purchase requirements (NO MONTHLY QUOTAS)
- NEW to the United States market = Untapped potential
- You ARE allowed to market on Social Media using company provided images and banners
- I was able to locate Beauty Influencers here in the United States, so there ARE local contacts you can reach out to for questions and more information if you are considering joining Farmasi.
Here are the CONS:
- Online Reviews are hard to find, but I do believe this is because the products are new to the USA. You can find international reviews for both the products and the business on the company website, in addition to User comments and pictures on the Farmasi social media pages linked above.
- Products are made in Turkey. So, if you’re a strict “Buy USA” kinda person, that may bother you.
So, Do You Join or Not?
I’m definitely not saying this is the next big mlm thing in the USA, but I am saying that it is ridiculously cheap to join. $20 for your starter kit, and they give you a website to market the products? Plus, you’re allowed to market on social media. I mean that’s some very decent potential with very minimal investment risk.
The company has decades of experience in their products, a broad variety of affordable personal care products, and seemingly good ethics and standards.
The question is are you interested in marketing beauty products?
Top 3 Reasons to Join:
1. $19.99 to Start Your Business as a Beauty Influencer (extremely low start up)
2. There is NO MARKET SATURATION for this company in the United States. Have you heard of Farmasi until recently, or until NOW in this review?
They’re new, and yet, they’re not new. An established company opening a new market is usually one to keep an eye on. This could be a diamond in the rough.
3. NO MONTHLY QUOTAS. Because there are two methods to earn here.
- You can simply purchase as few or as many products as you like, when you like, and resale some products for a profit.
- OR you can participate in growing the brand by committing to a monthly minimum purchase amount and signing up other Beauty Influencers to do the same. Hence, the mlm aspect of the business.
To maximize your earnings, you’d want to do the latter, or a combination of both methods.
Because the greatest success depends on total Group Volume, a Personal Volume of $125 a month is recommended by Farmasi per the Opportunity Plan page.
The One Thing That Held Me Back
Throughout my research, I must say, I was very tempted to get this starter kit myself and discuss this opportunity further with the regional manager. I mean, I’m addicted to multiple streams of income, and it is only $20 to join. I probably buy comparable products anyway, that I could easily swap out to test and promote this brand (if I liked them). I see the growth potential in the use of social media marketing.
Beside the fact that I’m busy enough, what really stopped me is this:
“The average participant (“Entrepreneur”) in this business earns between $500 and $2,000 per year. Some will likely earn less while others may earn much more.”
This is a common statement in any mlm direct sales company. As with any business (mlm or not), what you get out of it is dependent on what you put into it. Farmasi is very honest in putting this statement directly on their website. (necessary legal jargon)
Knowing the kind of effort it takes to make it big in mlm, the average reward here just doesn’t cut it for me. If Farmasi seems like a good fit for you, then I wish you all the best, and I hope you become a Top Influencer in the USA!
If you want to know what my #1 recommended way to make income from home is, then click on over to this article:
Looking for alternative ways to make more money?
Real Estate Investment Opportunities – If investing in real estate is something that you’ve ever thought about doing, but you’re not sure how to get started, or if you have enough money, then learning about crowdfunding platforms with low start-ups might be of interest. Here’s one company that aims to help the 99% invest like the 1%
Remember to check our Blog Page for more ways to make money, website resources, and reviews!
Was this review helpful? Tell us what additional information you’d like to see on this review.
Have you used Farmasi products? Would you recommend them? Please share your experience!
Are you a Farmasi Beauty Influencer? Please share your story below!